The Trust has grown over the last four years with schools choosing to become academies within the Trust, establishing distinctive geographic hubs of schools in Penwith, around Truro and in the Clays area to the east.
At the heart of the Trust’s vision is a commitment to developing and supporting high quality teaching and leadership in all our schools, and to the professional development of our teams through close partnership with Cornwall Teaching School.
Truro and Penwith Academy Trust will:
- recognise and encourage local distinctiveness and individuality
- inspire our Academies to become beacons of hope and aspiration in the communities they serve
- focus on improving learning and teaching for all – to enable all children and young people to have the best possible learning experience, leading to the highest levels of achievement
- work in partnership with the Cornwall Teaching School and our associates to provide bespoke support and improvement activities of the highest quality in our Academies
- work with our Academies to facilitate partnership working and enable all staff to receive high quality development opportunities
- build on Truro and Penwith College’s example in high quality leadership and governance and benefit from the expertise of the College to promote excellence in all aspects of education
- support our Academies to be financially sustainable and retain a reserve
- acknowledge the diverse nature of the communities our Academies serve and encourage their full engagement in helping local Academies achieve outstanding outcomes for their students
- be an employer of choice – valuing the skills, contribution and expertise of all employees.