Do you have the energy, positivity and ambition to join a thriving, happy school?
Would you like the chance to raise the aspirations of children, families and the local community as part of a dedicated and professional team?
Gulval School is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Teaching Assistant to join their friendly team of professionals. You will be part of a busy and focused team under the direction of the Class Teacher and Senior Leadership Team. You will be responsible for ensuring high quality learning support continues to impact positively on the outcomes of pupils, part of a team of professionals working in the first Thrive School of Excellence in the country.
Gulval School is a thriving and happy school, led by a Headteacher with a passion for adventurous learning; we strive for excellence in all that we do. We want to appoint an outstanding Teaching Assistant with energy, enthusiasm, resilience, a love of the outdoors and a ‘can do’ attitude who wants to play a part in the continued success of our school by becoming part of our community of experienced professionals.
The successful candidate will:
• Be highly motivated and driven, with a track record of outstanding classroom support (or a capacity and aspiration to achieve excellence),
• Have high expectations for themselves and our pupils.
• Be effective in supporting pupil behaviour with a commitment towards each individual child.
• Demonstrate the ability to work proactively as part of a team with a ‘can do’ positive attitude ensuring the needs of every child are fully met.
• Share in our passion for adventure learning.
This role will be an exciting and rewarding challenge for any Teaching Assistant wanting to become a part of our school family.
In return we offer:
• A school where our support for pupils’ welfare and behaviour is rated Outstanding by Ofsted
• A vibrant workplace with a dedicated staff - ‘Team Gulval’ - and wonderful children
• A supportive and driven leadership team with a clear vision and a passion for excellence
• Investment in staff CPD to develop the quality of teaching, maximise opportunities for extending responsibilities and facilitating career aspirations.
• The opportunity to work in a National Thrive School of Excellence.
We would be delighted to welcome you on a visit to our happy school. You’d be introduced to members of the team, meet some of our amazing children, our guinea pigs, our chickens and our pygmy goats… You wouldn’t be disappointed! Should you wish to arrange an appointment, please contact the school office.
To have a deep understanding of life at Gulval visit our school Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/gulvalschool and our school website www.gulvalschool.org.uk .
For a full job description and application form please see below, or visit the school website www.gulvalschool.org.uk or contact Penny Nicholls via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Truro and Penwith Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful in being appointed to a post you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as other employment checks before your appointment is confirmed.