Start Date: Monday 7th September 2020
Salary: £17,160 (FTE)
Contract Type: 22.5 hours per week, 38 weeks per year
Application Close: Friday 14th August 2020
Interviews: Week commencing 24th August 2020
Perranporth School is looking to appoint an Administrative Assistant to work in our busy School Office. This is a permanent position for 22.5 hours per week over three days – term time only. Flexibility is needed on occasion to cover sickness, training, etc.
The school is looking for a committed, enthusiastic and hardworking team member with a good sense of humour to work alongside our existing school team. You will work ‘front of house’ and be the first point of contact for parents, staff and visitors both in person and on the telephone. Assisting with pupil welfare is also an important part of the position.
The role will include:
- Answering all incoming calls and being the first point of contact for parents and visitors.
- Opening, sorting and distributing incoming mail.
- Providing administrative support such as filing, photocopying and typing letters.
- Keeping accurate records of pupil/staff data (including attendance).
- Basic finance tasks such as recording payments and receipts and placing orders.
- Attending and taking minutes at Governors meetings twice per term, after hours, for which additional hours will be paid.
- To administer basic first aid (training will be provided).
The successful applicant will possess excellent communication skills, be numerate and have excellent communication and ICT skills. They should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications, demonstrate the ability to work using their own initiative and be discreet and confidential.
Experience of working in a school and the use of SIMS is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
Application forms should be returned to:
Truro and Penwith Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful in being appointed to a post you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as other employment checks before your appointment is confirmed.
Perranporth School, Liskey Hill, Perranporth, Cornwall, TR6 0EU