Closing Date: 5th July 2022
Interview Date: TBC
Due to the expansion of our Special Educational Needs provision, with the opening of our new Area Resource Base from September 2022, we are seeking motivated candidates to join our highly regarded SEN team to support the learning needs of our students.
We seek candidates who are passionate about access to education and determined that all students, regardless of background or disadvantage, are able to access a high quality offer at Hayle Academy. The ideal candidate will work under the direction of the ARB Lead Teacher to:
- work with small groups of children to support their learning within the classroom as required
- deliver specific one to one, or small group sessions to help them progress through their personalised programmes of intervention
- act as a key adult and mentor for a small group of students with SEN
- encourage and promote the inclusion and acceptance of all children
We are looking for someone who:
- may have had experience of supporting children with autism spectrum disorder or other Special Educational Needs
- has the ability to see where and how they can help children make their next steps
- will commit time and enthusiasm
- is able to act on their own initiative
- can form positive and caring relationships with children which motivates them to learn, grow and be confident
- demonstrates excellent classroom practice with high standards of teaching and learning
- is a good team player who is willing to contribute to the ethos of the school
- is motivated, passionate and reflective about their work
We can offer you:
- training for your role as appropriate to your needs and career aspirations including potential to pursue teacher training at a later date if required
- a friendly, supportive and positive team to work in
- regular TA training
- the opportunity to specialise in different areas of special educational needs
Learning is at the heart of everything we do; the successful applicant will need to have a passion for learning and a determination that all students can learn and achieve to their best potential, regardless of barriers.
The key foci of this post are: To assist the Heads of Key Stage 3 and 4 in providing support for student welfare, attendance, behaviour management and general pastoral duties to enable all students to maximise their achievements across the spectrum of school life; to undertake the necessary administration associated with Students’ Attendance monitoring; act as a named Designated Safeguarding Lead, supporting safeguarding as part of a team of DSLs, supporting a strong culture of safeguarding across the academy. The successful candidate will be given full support with any training needs for this role.
Please send completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Truro and Penwith Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful in being appointed to a post you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as other employment checks before your appointment is confirmed.