Start Date: October 2020
Salary: Point 7 £19,440 pro rata. £10.08 per hour
Contract Type: Permanent, 30 hours per week
Application Close: Tuesday 15th September 2020
Interviews: Thursday 24th September 2020
Gulval School is seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic and motivated Thrive Practitioner to join their friendly team of professionals. You will need to have a current Thrive (or TIS) Practitioner licence and have an excellent understanding and experience of using Thrive within schools. Our Thrive Coordinator will need to have a
nurturing and passionate approach and be confident supporting children with a range of emotional, social and developmental needs. You will need to embody a positive mindset and have the energy and experience to work alongside school staff to support pupils by removing barriers to learning.
It is essential that you have high levels of emotional intelligence and are highly effective in communicating with a range of people including pupils, parents and staff. Working closely with the Headteacher, Senco and an experienced staff team in a high performing and highly regarded community primary school you can be assured of high quality support and collaboration in your role. You will play a big role in planning for specific children where you will need to support, motivate and develop key areas identified through a child’s Thrive profile ensuring that high quality learning and support continues to impact positively on the outcomes of pupils.
Gulval School is a thriving and happy school, led by a Headteacher with a passion for adventurous learning; we strive for excellence in all that we do. We want to appoint an outstanding Thrive Coordinator with energy, enthusiasm, resilience, a love of the outdoors and a ‘can do’ attitude who wants to play a part in the continued success of our school by becoming part of our community of experienced professionals.
The successful candidate will;
- Be highly motivated and driven, with a track record of outstanding classroom and emotional support (or a capacity and aspiration to achieve excellence),
- Have high expectations for themselves and our pupils.
- Be effective in supporting pupil behaviour with a commitment towards each individual child and removing barriers to learning ‘no matter what’
- Demonstrate the ability to work proactively as part of a team with a ‘can do’ positive attitude ensuring the needs of every child are fully met.
- Share in our passion for adventure learning.
This role will be an exciting and rewarding challenge for a licensed Practitioner to lead Thrive as part of our school family.
In return we offer:
- A school where our support for pupils’ welfare and behaviour is rated Outstanding by Ofsted
- A vibrant workplace with a dedicated staff – ‘Team Gulval’ – and wonderful children
- A supportive and driven leadership team with a clear vision and a passion for excellence
- Investment in staff CPD to develop the quality of teaching, maximise opportunities for extending responsibilities and facilitating career aspirations.
- The opportunity to work in a National Thrive School of Excellence.
Visits to our happy school are warmly encouraged, you will be introduced to the staff team, our children, our rabbits, our chickens and our 5 pygmy goats… You won’t be disappointed! Please arrange an appointment with our Headteacher Paul Baker by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org .
Application forms should be returned to Paul Baker, Headteacher at:
Truro and Penwith Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. If successful in being appointed to a post you will be expected to apply for a disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service as well as other employment checks before your appointment is confirmed.
Gulval School, School Lane, Gulval, Penzance, Cornwall, TR18 3BJ