Advert for the appointment of a Teaching Assistant at Blackwater School
Are you the inspirational and caring teaching assistant needed to join our outstanding team?
A caring, skilled and creative teaching assistant, is needed to start in January 2018, in our vibrant and friendly village school of 130 children. The role will be to support one class in a daily maths lesson, several children / groups of children at lunchtimes, several children / groups of children each afternoon both inside and outside of the classroom and school building. Hours will be approximately 16 per week.
The successful candidate will:
- Be highly flexible and child centered
- Have a deep understanding primary school learning
- Have a deep understanding of SEND
- Have a good sense of humour and be highly resilient
- Be willing to learn and not take the actions of children personally
- Be willing to work with the whole child and their family
- Understand that this is a challenging yet ultimately incredibly rewarding role
- Have a nurturing approach to help develop emotional, social resilience and understanding
The successful candidate will need to understand and commit to our school vision, available on our website, and our post Ofsted Action Plan – RAISE Blackwater.
The successful candidate will have / be willing and able to develop:
- An understanding of Forest School
- An understanding of BESD
- An understanding of Thrive / BESD
- A DBS disclosure
- Passion and enthusiasm for seeing children flourish and reach their full potential
- An energetic approach
- Shown a genuine interest in Blackwater School and it’s children
- Flexibility and the ability to work with all children of all ages (3-11)
Closing date: 7th December 2018
Shortlisting: 8th December 2018
Interview date: Monday 17th December.
Blackwater School is part of TPAT. Please contact Jenny Blunden, Chief Executive for more information – firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment, to this end successful candidates will be required to complete a number of employment checks including an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. You will also be asked to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK.